Wednesday 31 August 2016

PROSCIUTTO & PORCINI PASTA

Life has changed dramatically since I have had my daughter - there has been a distinct lack of cooking and blogging. My life now is all about nappies, feeding and no sleep. My husband however isn't going to let a little thing like a baby get in the way of his pasta eating and so he has managed to cook a few meals with me now as sous-chef.

This recipe took about 20 minutes and is very easy.

Ingredients for 4 people:

400g dried pasta (any shape)
2 tbsp olive oil
1 garlic clove, crushed
250g fresh porcini mushrooms (we used portobello as that is all they had in the shop), sliced
250g prosciutto slices, cut into small pieces 
150ml whipping cream
A handful of flat leaf parsley
75g Parmesan, grated
Salt & pepper



Start by preparing all the ingredients such as cutting the mushrooms, slicing the prosciutto and crushing the garlic. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over a medium heat and fry the mushrooms for about 4 minutes.


Then add the garlic for a couple of minutes.



At the same time put your pasta in a pan of salted boiling water and cook according to the packet's instructions. Mine took 8 minutes.



Mix the prosciutto into the pan of mushrooms and garlic and try to separate the slices - this is easier said than done - and cook for a couple of minutes.




Finally pour in the whipping cream, sprinkle in the parsley and season according to taste. We found you did not need much salt as the prosciutto is salty. Bring to the boil and then reduce the heat and simmer for 1-2 minutes.



Drain the pasta and then mix it with the prosciutto and mushrooms. 



Serve with a scattering of Parmesan.



I nearly didn't choose this recipe as Pascal doesn't like cream however I am so pleased I ignored that fact as this was absolutely incredible and we both adored it. I think I rate it as one of my top 3 pastas which is saying something as I have had a lot. It is a simple recipe but really flavoursome and I love the saltiness of the prosciutto combined with the mushrooms and cheese. Plus it only took 20 minutes so is easy to cook when you literally have no time. Definitely worth the (little) effort. 
Nutrition Facts Widget Image

No comments:

Post a Comment