Tuesday 8 December 2015

THE ENTERPRISE, CHELSEA

I have been eating out quite a bit recently, not good for the waistline but I guess it is the season to be merry and come January I will be back on the straight and narrow.

I arranged to meet my lovely friend Kimberly up by Harrods and immediately I suggested the gastropub The Enerprise on Walton Street - I hadn't been in years - despite always having great meals there in the past. It is really cute and cosy and perfect for this time of year. It is also reasonably priced which is unheard of in that area!!

The menu is quite varied - there are starters such calamari and courgette tempura with a soy, ginger and honey dip or a cornish crab pasty with coriander, apple and mouli salad. Not your usual pub fayre! For mains you can eat roast suckling pig with toulouse sausage and apple and white bean stew or chicken milanese or rib eye steak. There is also a specials board as well…..so much to choose from!

We started with a delicious amuse bouche of sweet potato soup which was incredibly warming. I love a surprise free course!!




Then we shared a starter of cheddar and goat's cheese quesadillas with sour cream and salsa and these were great, really cheesy and tasty. I will definitely be trying to recreate these at home as Arabella will love them.


For mains I had Scottish salmon fishcakes with buttered spinach and basil foam. These were nice but not amazing - I think the basil foam was a bit of a waste, another sauce would have been preferable or even just a dollop of tartare sauce.



I had serious food envy over Kimberly's main. Kimberly ordered tapenade crusted haddock, cauliflower cheese, chorizo and red pepper puree - she very kindly gave me a taste and it was absolutely incredible. Despite being so many flavours, they actually really complimented each other. Another recipe that I really want to recreate at home.



Obviously we had to have a side of fries and these were excellent, thin, crispy, salty - perfect!



Unfortunately we were too full for pudding which was a shame as I had my eye on the chocolate and salted caramel tart - my jeans are already feeling the pinch of overindulgence and it is only the first week of December!!

A lovely meal - the Enterprise has such a great feel to it, it is small, cosy and homely, service is very friendly and food is great. I can't wait to go back - although maybe wearing something with an elasticated waist next time so I can take advantage of the pudding menu as well!

I would recommend you book as it is a popular spot - there is also a great bar menu as well if you are looking for drinks and nibbles such as a scotch egg - I need to try that next time too!

The Enterprise

35 Walton Street
London
SW3 2HU
Tel: 020 7584 3148

Square Meal
The Enterprise Bar & Restaurant Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment