Wednesday 23 September 2015

PIZZA FILLETS

Now my daughter Arabella is in year 3, she finishes school later and there is always a mad rush in the afternoons / evenings to pack in clubs, homework, reading, TV time, bath, story and for me to prepare a home cooked meal! Plus she comes home from school absolutely starving and so I only have limited time to prepare supper. I am on a mad hunt at the moment for quick, easy and healthy recipes. Here is one I found in Waitrose a while ago and it took about 25 minutes to prepare and cook in total.

Ingredients for 4 people:

227g can chopped Italian tomatoes
Pinch of crushed chillies
3 tbsp fresh basil or thyme, roughly chopped (you could use dry herbs instead)
4 white fish fillets, such as fresh haddock or cod
150g cheese, such as Cheddar, Jarlsberg or mozzarella, grated
2 Peperami sausages, thinly sliced
2 tbsp of capers
25g Parmesan, freshly grated



Place the tomatoes in a small pan with the herbs and chillies. I didn't use chillies as Arabella isn't a fan of spice. If you use dry herbs, use just one tablespoon. Cook gently for 10-12 minutes until most of the liquid has evaporated and the tomatoes are pulpy.



Preheat the grill to high.

Pat the fish fillets dry with kitchen paper and place them in a grill pan lined with lightly greased foil. Season well.


Spread the tomato mixture over the fillets.


Top with the cheese, Peperami slices, capers and Parmesan.




Grill for 10 minutes until the cheese is bubbling and golden.



Serve with a green salad or vegetables - we went for peas!



I really liked this, I love fish and I love cheese!! Arabella suggested exchanging the fish for a pizza base, she was not a huge fan! I think this is a great way to jazz up a simple fish fillet - if you are vegetarian leave off the Peperami and maybe add olives instead? It was quick, easy, tasty and light.

No comments:

Post a Comment