Monday 20 October 2014

CHOCOLATE BAR CAKE

I have a much more savoury tooth than a sweet one, however after checking out all the delicious puddings on Pinterest, I knew it was time to make something sugary for a change (much to Arabella's delight). 

This recipe is super easy - it is basically just chocolate bars melted together - I did go overboard on the chocolate buying though and instead you actually just need the equivalent of 7-10 chocolate bars (not 16 or whatever I bought) - however no one is complaining about the leftovers!!

Ingredients for 8 slices:

200g milk chocolate
200g dark chocolate 
1 bag maltesers
1 pack of munchies
7-10 other chocolate bars depending on their size and the size of your loaf tin


Line a loaf tin with baking paper.


Chuck in a line of munchies down the middle and maltesers either side.


Melt the dark and milk chocolate in a bowl over boiling water.



Once it is melted, spoon it over the maltesers and munchies and press in your selection of chocolate bars so they are highly packed.



Then repeat the process, adding another layer of melted chocolate and then more chocolate bars.



To finish off top with the remaining melted chocolate and smooth over (I wasn't as neat as I should have been here) and tap the loaf tin down to ensure you fill the gaps (I didn't do this as well as I should either)!


Chill in the fridge for at least a couple of hours - we actually left ours over night (if you can wait that long)!

Once ready, turn upside down on a board and slice and serve.



This was absolutely delicious - my kind of pudding - I loved the combination of all the different chocolate bars, it worked brilliantly. Plus it was so quick and easy to make. Arabella, Pascal and I all adored it and I will definitely be making this again - it would go very well with vanilla ice cream or is perfect just the way it is!!

No comments:

Post a Comment