Sunday 22 December 2013

HOTEL ALLODIS, MERIBEL

It's only taken 3 days to realise that me + pascal + skiing holiday = row row row!!! 

After an afternoon of non stop arguments over the fact that being here is not a holiday, we had to put a smile on our face and go for a supper organised by his mother. Oh I miss London!! As a friend told me - at least I have the journey home to look forward to!!

Anyway as I mentioned yesterday - at least I have food to keep me happy and I starved myself all day so I could go to town at Hotel Allodis and I really did. The hotel has recently been redone and is absolutely stunning, I did think of continuing mine & Pascal's row in hope I could move in to one of the amazingly beautiful bedrooms….however not surprisingly they are fully booked……and expensive!

While having an aperitif in the bar we had some amazing canapés like fish croquettes, saucisson and Parmesan chips….I love the way they do this in France - plus they just keep on coming (I do not understand why all french aren't obese). Then it was time to order - the menu is pretty sophisticated but I knew immediately what I wanted - crispy bourgogne escargot cannelloni with parsley pulp followed by marbled fillet of beef with foie gras - no point not going the full hog!

We made our way to the dining room and we were given an amuse bouche of scallop ravioli with seafood veloute.



It was delicious, light but tasty and a perfect way to start the meal. I love a free course!! Then the starters arrived. As I said I had the snails which were amazing. I always think I like snails mainly because of dipping bread in the garlic oil, these were served completely differently and I absolutely loved them.


The snails were encased in filo pastry with garlic and accompanied by a parsley puree, incredible!! Pascal had the same as me and we both ate every morsel! One friend we were with had pumpkin and chestnut veloute with foie gras ravioli which he raved about.


Then Pascal's mother had scampi puff pastry with a light coconut milk broth.


Like the rest of our starters, it was absolutely incredible with huge prawns.

For a main I went for the beef with foie gras, I was worried it might be a bit rich but it was perfect. 


It was foie gras poele inside and then extremely tender steak served with truffle mash and parsnips. I loved it and once again didn't leave a crumb.

Pascal had veal sweetbreads, zita pasta with green asparagus.


Even though I don't eat sweetbreads, it looked yum and apparently was excellent.

Pascal's mum had yuzu-seared savoury bass and I had serious food envy - it looked amazing and tasted heavenly.


Our friend had Viennese Sole with boletus mushroom cream. Even Pascal was amazed by how incredible the fish was!!


Despite being fit for burst we carried on. The moment I saw the cheeseboard I could not resist!



The other puddings taken were Blueberry-heart apple with vanilla bourbon and the exotic meringue surprise. Once again everything was eaten so I can safely say they were delectable.



It was a fantastic meal, I would recommend staying at this gorgeous hotel and eating at the fabulous restaurant. It certainly wasn't cheap (nowhere is round here) but it was worth every penny - exquisite french cuisine.

Hotel Allodis

Route du Belvedere
73550
Meribel
Tel: +33 (0)4 79 00 56 00

No comments:

Post a Comment