Thursday 26 September 2013

BACON, TOMATO & MOZZARELLA TART

This is just a quickie as I have already posted a tart recipe (Roasted Toamto & Goat's Cheese Tart) but tonight I cooked another one - as I said it is a very popular supper in our house! Tonight I did a bacon, mozzarella & tomato tart.

You pretty much cook it as before. Firstly you need to grill the bacon (I used a pack of 8 rashes) & preheat the oven to 220C. You need to lay out the pastry like the previous tart and then add about 2 tablespoons of tomato puree (instead of pesto) and layer the tomatoes on top. Cover with the rashes of bacon and finally the mozzarella (I used a 250g ball). I also sprinkled some dried basil on top.

Put it in the oven at 220C for 25 minutes and then rest for a few minutes before you serve.


We managed to eat the entire lot between the three of us with a green salad - it was delish!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment