Tuesday 24 September 2013

GOLA RESTAURANT, FULHAM (AGAIN)!


As I have mentioned several several times I LOVE Gola. I have already done my review however I have a few more pictures to share after my brilliant birthday supper there 10 days ago (I have been a bit slow off the mark at putting them on – I did have a terrible hangover)!!

I went with Pascal & 6 other friends and we managed to eat and drink like absolute pigs – champagne, wine, aperol spritz, grappa etc to drink and the list of food was endless.

Aaron, the owner, gave us a selection of starters such as bruschetta, antipasti boards with cold meats, vegetables, burrata, our favourite pizza with sausage & broccoli, a new pizza with beef Carpaccio, mushrooms & truffle oil, calamari & frito misto & finally my new favourite dish Terrina di Caciocavallo Alla Brace (melted caciocavallo cheese with oregano & cherry tomatoes).

Sometimes it pays off to try something new as I will definitely be having this next time I go (4 days time – no wonder I can’t shift my bloody holiday weight)!

The food just kept on coming – I was in Heaven & obviously so busy stuffing my face I forgot to take pics!

For mains I did remember and here is a selection of what we had:

Obviously I went for my usual Tonnarelli Cacio e Pepe which was incredible as always.



My lovely friends Laura & Ceri had the Orrecchiette – I don’t know exactly what this was but it was meaty and cheesy and absolutely delicious! I am even going to break the habit of a lifetime and have this one next time as well!


Pascal doesn’t do things by halves and so he had two dishes - the veal Milanese with a side of tomato & basil pasta – his favourite – (you probably won’t be surprised to hear he can’t lose the holiday weight either)!!



My BFF Amanda and her husband both had the Seared Yellow Fin Tuna with Pistachio Crust & a Tomato Salad. I did try this and it was delicious – the tuna was very rare and simply melted in your mouth – although I can’t see ever myself ordering fish when there is such good pizza and pasta on offer.


Finally my gorgeous friends Hard & Fran both had Zucchine Crusted Sea Bass with Cherry Tomatoes & a Green Salad. I didn’t try this but they both raved about it.


Finally the evening ended with a big chocolate cake!

It was a fantastic night (from what I can remember, it gets very hazy towards the end) – a fabulous meal as always and I will definitely be going back for my birthday next year when I am, of course, 25 again!!


Square Meal
Gola restaurant on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. Nice and Simple article about pizzas and pizza restaurants and if you want to taste spicy and tasty pizza pairing with Wine/Cocktail with different flavors of Pizza near by Clapham, Streatham, Sandsend, Battersea Visit

    Wood Fired Pizza Restaurants

    ReplyDelete